Friday, January 24, 2014

Dahua IPC-HFW4300S setting up IPVision or IP Cam Viewer on IOS

After trying for way to long to get the IP Vision app on IOS to work with my new Dahua IPC-HFW4300S I finally gave up and went to bed knowing I had one last option.  (Blue Iris)
Well, I got it working with a couple of settings, but the bottom half of the video would "wig-out" every few seconds. It helped to change the video analysis setting to slow, but still not good enough to be happy about it. I also used IP Cam Viewer and selected the Dahua camera and it worked, but still it wasn't great either as it would sometimes time out or take a really long time to load compared to my other cameras (some of which are at remote locations).
Anyway, after spending the day at work and once the kids were in bed I got a chance to play with it again.
I am setting up a couple of these for a client soon and needed to get them working with IP Vision for iPhone viewing and with Blue Iris for video management and recording.
So I fired up Blue Iris, added a new camera and put the ip address into the settings. I clicked the "Inspect ONVIF etc" button. This is awesome, it discovered the settings and showed me the connection string which I used in IP Vision to connect successfully.


Here is a screenshot of the settings I used.

I also included this screenshot to show the settings after scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Sometimes the video resize "Aspect R" option is better than "Fit".

To use the main stream I used the following path which Blue Iris discovered:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
And just change the subtype=0 to "subtype=1" to get the Sub Stream instead.

In nearly complete darkness this is the image from the Main Stream.

And here is the Sub Stream Image.

Below are the camera settings I am using.
My intention is to use the Sub Stream for accessing the video from IOS devices for checking on general presence of the facility. And I will use the Main Stream for sending to Blue Iris.
Of course Blue Iris struggled with the 8K bit rate, so I dropped it down to 4K and even 2K and had great results.
I'm not sure how big of a difference the 3M Resolution setting has over the lower resolutions as I have not been able to test this yet in an area with good lighting, and as you can see from the images above at night it makes a difference, but the 384bps wasn't that far off from the 8Kbps image.
I imagine that during the day in good lighting conditions the 3Megapixel option will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment